Thursday, July 9, 2009

Quick Update

Hey guys, sorry I've been away for so long. A lot has been happening, and I've been really busy at work so I haven't been able to talk much about it.

First off, our cat Antonia is sick. She's got hepatic lipidosis, which means we have to force-feed her to try to get her body back to processing food. it sucks, but she's our baby and we need to do it. We're really hoping she gets better soon. Thanks to everyone for all of your support, it means a lot to us.

Secondly, we went on a trip to Glenwood Springs, CO to celebrate our first anniversary (earlier this month). We had a really great time. It was honestly one of the better trips I've been on, and I think Jenna agrees. We got to eat lots of good food, stay in a cool old hotel, walk around a lot, look in neat shops, soak in a giant hot spring pool, and ride a train. Really, it couldn't have been better. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post some pictures.

Also, we both read Dies the Fire by S. M. Stirling. It's a pretty good book (the writing isn't great and the premise is a bit weak, but the story and the situation is enough to keep me interested) and it has inspired us to try to practice some archery. It has also inspire me to start making more bows and arrows. I have three bows already, one of which I made myself, and I'd like to increase significantly that number and my skill at making them. I've since made a Flemish string jig to help me make bowstrings, and made one for a fiberglass bow I already had. The whole process is very interesting and there are a lot of great sites on the internet that are very helpful.

Anything else? I'm sure there is, but I'm a bit rushed at the moment. I'll try to be a bit better about posting over the next week to keep everyone informed of how everything is going. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment