Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happenings

This has been a wild week. For one, Jenna and I are getting close to buying a house. We've got an offer accepted and are working on getting the close completed. Everything is a disaster in the house right now and we are attempting to improve it some simply by cleaning up and ensuring that all the major systems are working. We have a lot of work ahead of us, and I'm hoping we can get it all done. I will let everyone know how everything goes.

Also, my grandma passed on Sunday. It wasn't unexpected at all, but still hard, especially since we weren't able to make it out to her funeral. I'm just glad she's not hurting or feeling trapped in her body anymore. On our last visit I could tell how frustrated she was with being unable to speak to us all. I'm really glad she got to meet Jenna and Scott and I'm glad I got to see her and say goodbye.

That was obviously the down part of the week, but the up part is that Meghan (my older sister) had her baby! He's a tiny little guy and super cute. he's very relaxed and calm so far, it seems. We were there to support her while she was in labor, and got to see him shortly after the birth. He's the first baby born to our generation in the family, so it's a big deal. I'm an uncle!

As far as my own progress with projects goes, I'm still working out and seeing gains. I decided to start a paper fitness journal, but I'll be keeping the blog updated with my progress as well. A large part of what I'm doing will be weekly weight, body measurements, and body fat % checks.

Here is the calculator I found that shows the Grecian Ideal body proportions. They are based on wrist measurement, mine being 8" in circumference. Grecian Ideal Calculator

Here are the measurements suggested for me:
Chest: 52"
Waist: 36"
Hip: 44"
Bicep: 19"
Forearm: 15"
Thigh: 28"
Calf: 18"
Neck: 19"

And here's where I am currently:
Chest: 45" (+7)
Waist: 41" (-5)
Hip: 45" (-1)
Bicep: 15" (+4)
Forearm: 13" (+2)
Thigh: 26" (+2)
Calf: 17" (+1)
Neck: 17.5" (+1.5)

So I'm close on a lot of it. I really need to increase my chest size and decrease my waist size more than anything. After that, a general increase in everything will get me where I'm going. Getting an extra 4" in my arms will be tough for sure, but I can do it if I focus on it. I just have to maintain my lower body fat percentage while I'm doing it, which will be a challenge. I'll let you all know How I progress as I continue doing my runs and making my measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment