Friday, March 6, 2009

Confluence of Homies

So tonight's Watchmen viewing is also apparently serving as an "everyone I know" get-together. I'm extremely pleased with the turnout, or at least the confirmations I've gotten from folks. A lot of friends I haven't seen in a very long time are all coming up down or over to see this movie and grab some dinner. Sweet!

I'm excited about the movie tonight. I'm also excited about the theatre. having enjoyed the movie tavern's new take on the movie-going experience, I'm hoping this place is similarly awesome. We'll have to see. Free popcorn and soda sounds great, as I'm a movie consumer. Not in that I eat film, but in that I enjoy snacking while watching. Gives me something to do with the rest of my body while my eyes and ears are busy. I do really like the Movie Tavern model of bringing me food while I'm watching my movie, as I very rarely want to leave to get the free refills most theatres off on large popcorn and drinks. We'll have to see if the upscale style of this Landmark place will outweigh the awesomeness and overwhelmingly satisfactory service we received at the Movie tavern. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment