Monday, May 4, 2009

Awesome weekend!

I have determined that doing thins on Friday night makes me feel like I have an extra day of weekend. Having come to this conclusion, I'm going to try to do something on Fridays as much as possible. I really relish that Sunday morning feeling where it seems like it's Monday but it really isn't.

Speaking of doing things on Friday, we saw Wolverine. I really liked it a lot. Very few complaints from me overall, and a lot of stuff I really enjoyed. Hugh Jackman was great, Ryan Reynolds was great and Liev Schreiber brought a lot of humanity to the Sabertooth character. The only guy I think was cast poorly was Gambit. After everyone begging for him to be in the movies since the first once was announced, I was expecting them to make a really awesome Gambit and they just didn't. He's passable, sure. He just isn't as cool as he could've been. The guy didn't even have a Louisiana accent, for one. I personally find that accent annoying, but it's sort of necessary for Gambit. It's a large part of who he is to me, anyway. In any case, the company was excellent, with Nate, AJ, Derek and Jenny joining Jenna and I for the excursion. We had dinner at the Village Inn before going in as the showtimes we planned on seeing were all sold out.

Saturday was also good. I'm still cranking along on Fallout 3, getting extremely close to having all of the achievements. They're releasing a new expansion that should be really awesome. I finished the Alaskan expansion and am ready to try the Pittsburgh version soon. The newest one actually continues beyond the end of the current game instead of presenting a new adventure before you finish like the other two. It also allows you to progress to level 30 instead of stopping at 20 like you do in the original game. Pretty cool, if you're a great big geek like me.

Saturday afternoon/evening was our supers game, which is always a blast. We're also starting a new campaign with the same group but a different system, so we're all working on characters for that right now. Still very cool. The main story does still seem to be focusing on my character's plot right now, though we're getting much more info on it than I was expecting so soon. Seems like I still have a heck of a lot to know.

Sunday was a lazy day. We slept in, played racquetball, watched some shows, ran some errands and generally just had a grand ol' time. A very nice way to end an otherwise busy weekend.

We did decide that we're going to begin looking for houses in earnest again, for the good it seems to be doing. We're also going to be looking into getting a puppy, which should be very fun. We had a breed in mind for when we have a house, but I think Jenna's sick of waiting for the house to get the puppy. I don't blame her. We've put off a lot of stuff until we get the house and it just isn't happening for us. I'm sort of sick of waiting to really do stuff until we have a house, but I would also feel silly if I started putting a bunch of holes in the wall of the apartment only to turn around and have to take everything down again when we do get a place. Anyhow. I'm also thinking about looking around for a martial arts school near here that I could try out. It really hit me this weekend how much I miss the fighting sports I used to do, and I think getting back into martial arts would be a great way to get myself into shape and back into a more physically active mindset. I don't know. Maybe it won't work at all, but I'm at least going to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment