Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sushi Tuesday!

A few days late, but here it goes. Trivia was canceled on Tuesday, which was lame. Some private party or something at the bar. Anyhow, since our Tuesday nights are reserved for such activities, we decided it would be fun to go out and get some dinner anyway. Nate and Adj came over and we all went to Samurai Sushi on Arapahoe and Dayton. We'd gone there once before with Derek and Jenny and it was really good. Even though I'm not huge on sushi myself, I found something there that I really enjoy, and I can at least recognize that the food is something people who do like sushi could really get into. I've been wanting to take some friends there for a while and Tuesday offered the perfect opportunity.

Next time I go, I'll be getting the "all you can eat" for $20 meal, for sure. Most of the entrees are available in smaller format so you can try them all out, and if you get a regular entree and any sushi at all, you'll already be spending that much. The AYCE really is fantastic, I have to say. $20 is pretty standard for most meals at a decent restaurant and for sushi, it's incredibly reasonable. I actually ordered a dish called "chicken katsu" which was two panko-breaded and fried chicken breasts. Very tasty. Jenna got her peppered beef again, and Nate got beef yakisoba, I believe. AJ took the route I did on my first trip and got the AYCE as a means of trying a lot of different sushi to see what he liked. He ended up really enjoying the teriyaki salmon. Makes me want to try it next time we go. And there will be a next time, for sure. Anyone who enjoys sushi and would like to go sometime should let me know and we can set up a time to head over there. It's very close to my house and I'm always up for a good meal.

After dinner, we went back to our house and played "Wise and Otherwise" for a few hours. Very cool game. I'm pretty sure I've described it on here before, so I won't go into it again. In any case, it was a very fun evening, and it was good to hang with Nate and Adj, as always.

I also tested my sling last night, the results of which are posted at my new blog, Geek Kraft.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, next time we go, I'd like to get the AYCE too. I know I don't eat much, but there are some things that I think I'll want to try again and if more than just me get AYCE, they can finish the rest of what I can't eat.

    ReplyDelete