Monday, April 6, 2009

Things to do, places to be

I feel very accomplished this weekend. I finally finished my pegboard project (pictures soon) which was very nice. It took me a lot longer than it had any reason to, but I learned a lot and that certainly counts for something. I'm having a hard time getting my finger joints to work. I was hoping to be able to use my router, but I may have to invest in a dado blade set or do them by hand first. Doing them by hand seems like it would sort of suck, unfortunately. I'm not as precise as i need to be to get these things to match up properly. I'm sure practice will help, but I prefer templates when possible. That's the nice thing with the router or table saw, and why I'd like to go that direction. You set up a template or a jig and you can just run through it all really quickly. We'll see if I can do what I want with what I have, I guess.

We went to Erick's house for his b-day on Saturday and that was really fun. Got to see a lot of friends I haven't seen in too long. Three of us couple all got married last summer, so we were all going through a lot of the same things at the same time, and we're all recovering on about the same pace, it seems. I'd like to set something up to hang with them more often. Maybe a game night every other week or something would work. I don't know, but we'll figure something out.

Sunday was Rifts and that was very fun as per usual. We're progressing quickly through the levels, so we're getting some much-needed skills and abilities to help us survive the world. I made chicken pot pie again this week and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I also made deviled eggs, which were a moderate hit. It's always a great time to have people over for dinner and games. All of our friends are awesome, and I'm really glad we're seeing them regularly now. All these roleplaying games keep us pretty busy, but it's a good busy. We're going to have to figure out how to get away for a weekend now and again this summer, I think. I'm very excited about camping and hiking and Jenna really wants to go kayaking on a reservoir. I think that sounds really fun, too.

kept up with my situps and pushups today and Saturday again. I'm feeling pretty good about my habits, so I may try to increase my efforts. My Wii Fit said I was obese this morning, and that's hardly cool. Intellectually, I know BMI is a miserable indicator of health, body composition, ideal weight, muscle-to-fat ratio or any other useful information. Psychologically, it's tough to handle being called obese by a video game. I need to run or something.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you feel bad about that dumb WII game...what does it know! You look great!

    ReplyDelete