Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Gentlemen Beekeepers

Rock! We got first place at trivia last night. Hooray! Another $25 gift certificate and a shiny new pint glass for each of us. We rocked the house, to be honest. We got perfect scores on at least two rounds, including a 16-point audio round. I think that's the first time we've ever done that, and it was almost entirely due to Adj's overwhelming knowledge of 80s music. We did well on the other audio round too, also thanks almost entirely to Adj's knowledge of female comedians. The man has some knowledge, it cannot be denied.

It's good to know that The Gentlemen Beekeepers (our team) are well-known enough now that the quizmaster has taken note of us. After just one week (where we finished second) we seem to be favorites when we walk in the door now. That's a bit of a boost to the old self-esteem. I think it must've been my furious, no doubt frightening performance during the dance-off. We may not have taken first, but we took second with a style and grace normally reserved for drunken amputees.

Jenna and I went to the store last night and got some ingredients for foods. She's really excited about me making more of that chicken pot pie, and I think I came up with something that may make it even better. I'm thinking about brushing the croissant with an egg wash before cooking to make it extra golden brown and crispy. We'll see. I'm also thinking maybe just some melted butter brushed on there would be super tasty. So anyway, that's one meal we have planned. I think we're going to do some more enchiladas, too. This time we got a mild red enchilada sauce and we're hoping it won't be quite as spicy as what we had last time. I'm also going to try very hard to make some burgers in the oven sometime this week. If they are successful, expect a recipe. If not, expect a lot of whining on my part.

Also, I ordered some replacement sunglasses yesterday. They were still expensive, but totally worth it. I expect them within a week, hopefully.

This morning, I did 84 pushups in total. I feel pretty awesome about it. I probably shouldn't, but I do anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Your replacement sunglasses have arrived and look just like the originals. I can't wait to see them on you :)

    ReplyDelete