Friday, February 6, 2009

Gotta keep running

Two more miles today. Woot! Took me 20 minutes, but whatever, right? I got out there way freakin' early this morning and made it happen.

It actually turned into an almost comically productive morning after that. We came home, weighed ourselves on Wii Fit, Jenna jumped in the shower and I started to make breakfast. I made too much, like I almost always do, so tomorrow I'm cutting way back. Anyway, I put away the dishes that were in the dishwasher from last night while the eggs were cooking, washed some other dishes, ate my breakfast, prepped our mid-morning snack, washed all the dishes I had dirtied in this process, drank a big bottle of water, read some of this fitness book I'm really enjoying (Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto), then cleaned the cat box, took my shower and got all ready, picked out and put on my clothes, picked out my wife's clothes, then read to her while she finished getting ready. All of that before I even made it to work. I feel pretty awesome about it. I'm thinking I could handle a morning similar to that almost every day, really.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww. You pick out her clothes? Chris just always looks surprised if I'm wearing pants instead of running shorts. Never any input. Does Jenna run with you? It's awesome to run with a spouse because it gives you a solid block of dedicated time where you have nothing to do or be distracted by so you can have stream-of-consciousness conversations about everything. We're doing our second marathon next weekend, and I look forward to a discussion re: the pending robot takeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all the time, but if we're running late and she doesn't have time to do it herself I'll step in and save the day.

    She runs sometimes, but she isn't as big a fan of it. I'm not a crazy running fool either, but I enjoy it more the more I do it. Also, I'm generally running too hard to talk much. I know they say that means your heart's working too hard or some crap, but I feel like a slacker if I'm not running hard enough to make me breathe hard, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great outfit! You have very good taste, I must say. I was about the most chipper person in the office when I got there. It really makes a difference to wake up 2 hours before work and get a bunch of stuff done. It'd be cool to say, "I'm a morning person" at some point in my life.

    ReplyDelete