Friday, February 6, 2009

Made up words make the best songs

Last night, my wife and I were hanging out at home, getting ready to head out to run some errands (Incidentally, Greenwood Village is currently experiencing its very own potato famine. True story. Every freakin' potato in this town has already started growing sprouts.). Like I am wont to do, I sorta fudged a word to make a new, fake word. I do this sort of thing a lot. I intentionally leave the "-ly" off of adverbs, I noun-ify stuff, I do all sorts of weird things. When you have an English degree, this counts as entertainment. Anyway, Jenna was wearing some pajama pants and needed to go put on some normal people pants so we could go to Wal-Mart and stick out like sore thumbs. I suggested she put on "diffrental pants," and that immediately turned into a song. It goes thusly:

"Diffrental pants! Do-do-do-doo!"

That's really it, but if you do that a bunch of times in a row it vaguely makes a song. Anyhow, she loves this song and keeps singing it over and over while we're leaving the house. When we get into the car she says "Okay, sing it with me! Ready? Go! Diffrental pants! Do-do-do-doo!" I, of course, did not sing. I expect her to exhort me to join her again, but instead she says "Wow, that's a really easy song. I'm sort of embarrassed for you right now." And that is one of the many reasons why I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment