Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Running again!

We got to bed later than we wanted to last night, but still managed to get up and run this morning. Yay us! I went a little over 2 miles in 20 minutes (2.07, to be precise), trying to do a 6.0 for the first half and 6.5 for the last half. At about 15 minutes I started to feel a little pukey, so I slowed back down to 6 for the remainder. Tomorrow, I'll make it half and half, then I can keep increasing the amount of time I'm running at 6.5 until I can do it for the full 20 minutes (or extend the workout to 30 minutes if we can get into the gym a little sooner). I'm pretty proud. I don't think I'm likely losing any weight yet, as my eating has been less than ideal the past several days, but I'm certainly burning more calories and cranking my metabolism a lot more than if I were sleeping in or sitting on the couch or whatever.

In other news, being evil in Fallout 3 is surprisingly difficult. Maybe I'm weird, but I actually feel bad when I kill innocent people in a video game. Especially since most of these innocent people are somewhat important characters with distinct personalities and all that. So, while I can certainly walk around killing in discriminately, it just doesn't feel right. Unfortunately, it's sort of required for me to get some of the achievements. Maybe I shouldn't let it bug me, but it kinda does. The same thing happens in Fable. When interacting with anyone in a video game, being a jerk takes effort and concentration and leaves sort of a bad taste in my mouth. I'm a 'completer' though, so I try to wring all possible content out of any game I purchase. I don't want to become unconcerned with it, because I'm sort of pleased with the fact that being good comes naturally, but it's also frustrating to be playing a game I really enjoy in a way that makes me morally uncomfortable. Sort of a weird thing to think about, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment