Friday, February 20, 2009

Tailor and Shoe Repair?

Maybe it just shows how out of the loop I am, but am I the only one who is frankly astounded at how many tailor and shoe repair shops there are around? I think I've got no fewer than 5 of each within a 5-10 minute drive. Is that excessive? Do I just live in some kind of clothing/shoe hot zone?

In any case, we're having some of Jenna's pants hemmed. She's so small. I'm hoping this place does a good job for a good price, because I'm sort of in the market for a few tailoring projects, myself. I like fitted dress shirts, since I tend to wear them untucked, and I don't like to feel like a clipper ship under full sail when I go outdoors. Unfortunately, surprisingly few dress shirts in my price range (or more accurately, the range I am willing to pay for something as non-weaponlike as a shirt) are fitted. I'm also almost exclusively into solid-color shirts, monochromatic fellow that I am. So my options are not vast. However, if I have a tailor who can slim down the torso of my dress shirts for a reasonable price, I'm all for it. That, unfortunately, reminds me of the shirt that got away. I took it to the cleaner's and they sent it off somewhere and didn't have it back in time so I had to take one shirt without the other. Unfortunately, I totally forgot that it was there until very recently. I haven't stopped back in yet, but I left it there several months ago so I'm afraid they'll have gotten rid of it by now.

Wouldn't it be easier just to weave leaves into our body hair, like I did back in college?

No comments:

Post a Comment