Friday, February 13, 2009

Stupid shins!

I thought a day of rest would be enough for my poor, beleaguered shins, but apparently this is not the case. I'm going to let them rest fully until Monday, and then I'll start again. I did stretch today, which should have helped but I went from no pain to serious pain in less than a minute on the treadmill. I may also just need to go invest in some new shoes. I really want to keep running, but I don't think it's a good idea to continue on without solving the problem. I did end up riding the recumbent bike for a bit, so I'm thinking I can still do something, even if it isn't actual running.

In other news, we saw a really cool movie theatre when we went to Comedy Works. The tickets are more expensive ($12 for regular, $15 for VIP) but they include free soft drinks and popcorn. Awesome, eh? It also sounds like the seats are super comfy and all. it's a small theatre, but I want to try it. I've also been curious about a place called the Movie Tavern for a long time. We have tried to go once and failed. We're going to try again on Sunday and anyone who is interested should contact me and let me know times and movies you're interested in. The link to the particular theatre is below so you can see what our options are. I'm thinking Taken, Inkheart, Coraline, or Underworld 3.

Movie Tavern - Aurora, CO

4 comments:

  1. We have soccer on Sunday, but we're going to see Coraline (in 3-D!) at the IMAX thingie on Monday. We are interested in the concept of Movie Tavern, however. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll let you know how the Movie Tavern thing goes. it sounds pretty neat. We still have that other place to visit, too, so we can get you guys down for that one hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're going to run, you need to invest in your feet. Go to a real running store, ask them to help you, and buy what they tell you to buy. They'll watch you walk back and forth, analyze your gait, and then recommend a shoe to help you with any overpronation or other gait anomalies. I ended up buying $130 pair of butt-ugly Brooks Trance 6 shoes that were, as best described, "alien green." They made a HUGE difference in my comfort and endurance. Then, and this is key, you need to get NEW shoes every time you hit 350-500 miles on one pair. I just ran my second marathon on the Trance 6, and probably should have bought new ones before the race. I felt every rock, every incline, every step because I didn't switch shoes soon enough.

    That's my rant. I love a good pair of running shoes. They're worth the money. And you can keep all of your toenails; a lesson I learned the hard way after trying to run in cute, pink Nike Shox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note my response and agreement in my most recent blog.

    ReplyDelete